At Salt Bijoux we pride ourselves on the quality and durability of our pieces. Although delicate, each piece has been designed with premium materials and when used with care will last so please read our top tips for keeping your jewellery in top condition.
- Hang fine chains and long necklaces when not wearing them to avoid tangling.
- Keep each piece of jewellery seperately in their pouch or in a zip locked plastic bag to reduce the effects of oxidation from environment exposure.
- Avoid jewellery catching on other pieces by keeping seperately in their bags or pouches.
- Remove your jewellery when cleaning, exercising or any undertaking other physical activity.
- Always put your jewellery on last to avoid too much contact with lotions and cosmetics. Remember to apply make-up and perfumes before putting on your jewellery and remove all pieces before showering or swimming.
- Gold Plate will errode over time and depending on how often you wear the piece, it will need replating every 6 - 18 months.
- Every person’s skin type is different, and so this can also effect your Jewellery life. The acid in our skin can speed up the tarnishing process and damage gemstones such as pearls, but this will differ from person to person.
We offer a full repair service with all of our jewellery. Whether you have owned a piece of our jewellery for a few months or a few years, we would be very happy to have it repaired for you, if such a problem occurs.
Any piece that is in need of repair will be sent to the workshop where the item was originally made. Our team will then determine whether the damage was caused by a fault or otherwise, and will charge a fee deservingly. If you would like to ask any questions, please feel free to contact us on:
As each piece of jewellery is handmade to order there is a possibility that we will be able to adjust the sizing of certain pieces. Where possible we will try to accommodate you, however please be aware it may be subject to an extra cost.
Please contact us for any further information: firstname.lastname@example.org